We are now at a late stage in the planning for our final season in 2018. We regret that we are no longer accepting new proposals for one of our co-commissions.
If you have already submitted a proposal, you are welcome to review or update your proposal. Your log-in will be operational until 30 September 2018.
For information, these have been the guidelines and criteria for proposals:
- 14-18 NOW co-commissions extraordinary new works of art in a wide variety of mediums that engage audiences and participants in reflection on aspects of the period of the First World War.
- We have a particular interest in works that engage young people.
- 14-18 NOW co-commissions are presented across the UK in seasons curated by the Director of 14-18 NOW. We expect to commission around 20-25 projects in each of these seasons.
- Our final season will take place in 2018.
- Unfortunately, due to the high volume of proposals received by 14-18 NOW, we are unable to respond to every proposal submitted.
- Your proposal will have generated an automatic response email acknowledging receipt but if you do not hear from 14-18 NOW within four months, please assume that your proposal has not been successful.
- Please do not contact 14-18 NOW to follow up on your proposal as we will be unable to respond.
The criteria we use in our programming decisions are:
- Eligibility (Is it a new artwork? Does it fall within our dates? Will it be presented in the UK?)
- Artistic quality
- Relevance to the heritage of the First World War
- Projected impact and reach, expected audience numbers and types
- The past experience of the artists, creative team and producing organisation
- The diversity of the 14-18 NOW programme (e.g. artform, age, ethnicity, social impact and media)
- The geographical spread of the 14-18 NOW programme