We are looking for extraordinary new projects in any artform that engage audiences and participants in reflection on aspects the First World War, to be part of our future programme.
Please read these guidelines carefully before submitting your proposal form.
- 14-18 NOW co-commissions extraordinary new works of art in a wide variety of mediums that engage audiences and participants in reflection on aspects of the period of the First World War.
- We have a particular interest in works that engage young people.
- 14-18 NOW co-commissions are presented across the UK in seasons curated by the Director of 14-18 NOW. We expect to commission around 20-25 projects in each of these seasons.
- Our next season will take place in 2018.
- Proposals for our 2018 season will need to be submitted by 30 June 2017.
- Unfortunately, due to the high volume of proposals received by 14-18 NOW, we are unable to respond to every proposal submitted.
- Your proposal will generate an automatic response email acknowledging receipt but if you do not hear from 14-18 NOW within four months, please assume that your proposal has not been successful.
- Please do not contact 14-18 NOW to follow up your proposal as we will be unable to respond.
The criteria we use in our programming decisions are:
- Eligibility (Is it a new artwork? Does it fall within our dates? Will it be presented in the UK?)
- Artistic quality
- Relevance to the heritage of the First World War
- Projected impact and reach, expected audience numbers and types
- The past experience of the artists, creative team and producing organisation
- The diversity of the 14-18 NOW programme (e.g. artform, age, ethnicity, social impact and media)
- The geographical spread of the 14-18 NOW programme